How we use your information
At Insenture Underwriting we are committed to the privacy and security of your information. This policy discloses the Insenture Underwriting privacy practices in relation to the collection and use of your personal data.
We are governed by the Data Protection legislation applicable in the United Kingdom. If you have any queries about the use of your information you can contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details below).
How we may collect your information
We may collect details about you from:
- Information you give to brokers.
- Information you give us in online forms and other forms.
- Other sources such as Google Earth and social media.
- Third parties and other sources.
- Telematics systems, dash-cams and mobile applications.
What information we may collect about you
We collect details including details about your health, personal circumstances, claims history, credit history, motoring history and other relevant details. We may collect information on you from databases such as the electoral roll and county court judgment records.
How we may share your information
In order to provide our services to you, we may share your information with insurance companies, solicitors, regulators, business partners and suppliers. We may also have a legal obligation to provide your information, in certain circumstances, with regulators, police and other public bodies. Information you supply may be used for the purposes of insurance administration by us and third parties. These third parties may share your information with their own agents.
How we may use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes. These include:
- Providing you with our services.
- Dealing with your claim.
- Carrying out checks such as fraud checks and credit checks.
Driving Licence Checks
We may also provide your (or any named third party) driving licence number (DLN) and other details to the DVLA to confirm licence status, entitlement and relevant restriction information and endorsement / conviction data. Searches may be carried out prior to your policy commencing and at any point during your insurance policy including any mid-term adjustment and renewal stage. For details relating to information held about you by the DVLA please visit . The DVLA may also be used to search your (or any named third party’s) no claims discount (NCD) details against a no claims discount database to obtain information in relation to your NCD entitlement. We may pass details of your no claims discount to certain organisations to be recorded on a NCD database.
Motor Insurance Database
Your policy details will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (MID), run by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). MID and the data stored on it, including your personal details, may be looked at and used by certain statutory and/or authorised bodies including the Police, the DVLA, the Insurance Fraud Bureau and other bodies permitted by law.
If you are involved in an accident (in the UK or abroad), insurers and/or the MIB may search the MID to obtain relevant information.
Persons pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
It is vital that the MID holds your correct registration number. If it is incorrectly shown on the MID you are at risk of having your vehicle seized by the Police. You can check that your correct registration details are shown on the MID at .
Fraud Prevention and Detection
We carry out fraud checks on our customers. We do this in order to prevent fraud and also to help us make decisions about the provision, pricing and administration of insurance. When carrying out these checks, we will search against fraud detection databases. We may pass details about you to some of these databases. Law enforcement agencies, financial service providers, fraud prevention agencies, police and other organisations may also access these databases.
We may process data relating to your claims history for the purposes of assessing any claim you may make.
The aim is to help us to check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. When you tell us about an incident we will pass information relating to it to these databases. We may search these databases when you apply for insurance, in the event of any incident or claim, or at time of renewal.
Credit Searches and Accounting
In assessing an application for insurance or policy renewal, we may search files made available to us by credit reference agencies. They keep a record of that search.
Credit reference agencies share information with other organisations, enabling applications for financial products to be assessed or to assist the tracing of debtors, or to prevent fraud.
Sometimes your information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area by us, by the organisations with whom we share your information or by the servants and agents of these organisations. If we do this we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection.
For our Doddle Taxi customers where a dash-cam and mobile application is the mandatory the following terms also apply.
The Doddle Cover Taxi Cover App collects and transmits data on location, mileage driven, driving style along with the time and impact speed if your insured vehicle is involved in an accident. The app collects location data whilst you are driving even when the app is closed or in the background. This data is processed to help identify driver safety. We will not communicate this information to you or take any action unless there is a repeated occurrence of an extreme driving event.
For further information we may:
- Collect GPS location information every second during an active journey using the GPS sensor in your phone.
- Record Raw Trip Data which consists of the date and time for each one second GPS data point as well as a measurement of the GPS Horizontal Precision at that point in time.
- Compare your acceleration events against others who have used the system and generate driver scores based on how you compare with the other reference drivers.
- Compare your speed against a database of legal speed limits throughout the journey and generate a speeding score based on how much of your driving is within the legal speed limits. - Use your Driver Scores, Raw Trip Data or speeding related incidents, to influence aspects of your insurance policy or influence offers from us for other insurance policies. This may include changing the deductible (excess), offering you a discount, or in extreme cases withdrawing insurance cover.
- Capture photographs of certain documents and items that may be associated with your policy or potential insurance product purchase.
- Collect a GPS location fix for each photograph taken by the app including a date and time stamp. - Process each photograph taken on our platform and electronically read and store the text within the photographs which may include a vehicle number plate or name, DOB and address information from a photo of a driving licence.
- Automatically identify or compare faces in an uploaded photograph against other documents provided.
- Process, review and store Dashcam footage uploaded to us to administer or maintain the policy or to investigate any event or incident that may have been recorded by the Dashcam.
Raw Trip data is anonymised and retained indefinitely and may be used by our Telematics provider and their associated partners for the purposes of improving systems, general analysis or generating new aggregate data sets.
We and/or the telematics provider may process Raw Trip Data to generate Driver Scores.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as we are required in law and by our regulators. Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under Data Protection Laws you have certain rights; these include for example, a right to understand what data we hold on you and a right to ask us to amend that data if it is incorrect. If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details below).
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions about how we use your data, or to exercise any of your data rights please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
The Data Protection Officer
Insenture Underwriting Services Limited
1st Floor 94 - 102 Highstreet